September 30, 2015

Illustration by Büke Schwarz
 
On Procrastination

I procrastinate. A lot. I sit and wait for the perfect moment to come. But it never does. It is never just right. It's a tease, a nasty promise disguised as cheers of encouragement.

He, the moment, keeps telling me to complete that one last assignment, to remove what's separating us from the beginning of my goal. But he never tells me to write. Does that mean I shouldn't? That I am not suited? Either way, I – very much like the moment - feel like a fraud. Because I always want, but never do.

Of course, it is easy to blame the untouchable rather than my lack of grit. But blaming the moment is the only way to beat him. Today, I know that he is wrong, that he is a tease, a nagging shithead. But what about tomorrow?


No comments:

Post a Comment