October 4, 2015

Illustration by Büke Schwarz
  
On Being Hungover

I like being drunk. I dislike being hungover. Nonetheless, I know that my now would have no chance fighting my yesterday. So, I deal. I feel the throb between my brows. I feel the pressure of the sun light on my eyes. I feel the need to never do it again, to have not ten, but one. One pint of beer, instead of this body's jeer.

I'm not a drunkard. No, I'm not. I'm bad at moderation. Hell, I am. There is no balance. There is no restraint. Will I ever be the type of person who bribes her liver with an extra bottle of water? The one that knows that there are many more evenings to come. The one that stops, that is ready to let go. Do I want to be her?

I have been found by someone whose presence cheesily reminds me of tomorrow, of what is yet to come. So, the alleged final round is no longer final. It's no longer the last chance to buy. It's a decision made by two who had ten. And that is soothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment